- In a large pot heat the broth, saffron, chicken bouillon and cilantro. Bring to a boil and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large sized non-stick pan or well-seasoned skillet (or a paella pan if you have one), over medium heat.
- Sauté chicken until golden on all sides. Add the beef ribs and sauté until golden.
- Add the onions and garlic; cook until onion is transparent (about 3 minutes), then add the Lit’l Smokies.
- Pour in the broth, rice and peas. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and cover to allow MOST of the liquid to absorb into the rice, while stirring occasionally to prevent rice from sticking and burning to the pan underneath. (Cook until the rice is ALMOST cooked through.)
- Add in the prawns, mussels and clams, mixing them through the rice, and cover again to allow the prawns and rice to cook completely. Sprinkle the roasted pepper strips over the top of the paella for enhanced flavor to serve. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil over the top before serving.