- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy
- In another bowl, place coconut.
- Coat the shrimp in the cornstarch and shake off any excess.
- Dip into the egg white and then press into the coconut to get full coverage.
- Try to keep one hand dry, this will keep things a little cleaner.
- In a large pan, heat the oil to 350 F and gently submerge the shrimp, 6 at a time. Fry for about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove them to a rack to drain. Serve with peanut sauce.
- For the peanut butter sauce: In a food processor, purée the chicken stock, coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce, hot sauce, fish sauce, garlic and ginger. Add the peanut butter and pulse to combine.
- Fold in the cilantro and keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Bring the sauce to room temperature when serving.